Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Denver Doings

In our search for subsistence Max and I have discovered the Denver Childrens Museum.   To be fair Jen told us to get in the car and drove us there.    In the American male masculine tradition though I'd like to stake my claim at this discovery, but I digress.   

The museum is a sprawling affair with plenty to do for kids up to about age 12 or so.    Max particularly enjoyed the train room which featured buckets of Thomas the Tank Engine trains and tracks.    There was also a decommissioned fire truck complete with working lights and sirens that he could play in among other things.    There was also a large outside play area with a playground and a sandbox inside a large inflatable dome which was very unique.

At the end of the session we decided to purchase a $90 year membership.   I normally say "if it's free it's me, if I have to pay no way."   But Jen's logic was pretty solid on this one.    We need somewhere to go on a regular basis.    And we really need an indoor activity once the weather starts to cool.   If you're looking for a kid friendly activity in Denver, I'd recommend the museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment