Thursday, September 30, 2010

Medical Marijuana

There are literally 5 medical marijuana dispensaries one block from my house.   I honestly don't know how what I percieve as a very small market can support so many stores.  At any rate, I think it's great.   More tax base for local government along with jobs.  

Also, I always said that drugs don't cause crime, drugs being illegal cause crime.   That would seem to be the case here.   I often walk down the street after dark with my wife and 2 year old son.   I see very normal looking people streaming in and out of the local dispensaries with their "medicine."   So far I've yet to see any violence associated with the brisk marijuana trade in our neighborhood.   If anything the dispensaries seem to be causing a stoner food reaction.   The nicest looking dispensary on the street is flanked by a gourmet donuts shop and a bakery.   Cookies and donuts are two things that stoners and I can agree on.

No comments:

Post a Comment